Re: Pump for cross-flow

  • Rasputin Paracelsus
    Message 1 of 37 , May 3 3:35 PM
      Thanks again.

      I was also suspicious about the gph figures, but the problem I've been facing is that all the on-line info for the various stores I have access to list only that figure. To get anything else, I have to try to find the same item somewhere else (e.g. a US distributor). I've not been able to go and check these things on-site, but will be able to tomorrow.

      Now I have something to go on!

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zapata Vive" <zapatavive@...> wrote:

      > My experience is that gph is near worthless rating for pumps, especially small cheap pumps, because the head, hose etc all drastically affect the pump.
      >
      > My 20 watt pump will barely pump from floor level up to the top of my reflux tower, but it does just fine to the top of my whiskey column, or the reflux tower when the resevoir is set on something. Likewise as I mentioned earlier, I think Harry uses a 26 watt pump.
      >
      > To compare, the one you linked to is only 9 watts. I'd say it's not up to the job, at least in my experience with my 20 watt pump. That same site you linked to did have this one:
      > http://www.hardwareworld.com/Pond-Pump-pW3ASG9.aspx
      > At 38 watts probably more than sufficient.

    • No Name
      Message 37 of 37 , May 10 1:10 PM
        Or you can just look around,. Most people have them all over their homes.    All you need is a transformer. Like the ones that are used to plug in cordless phones.  Or Those Picture frames that have digital pictures. or what ever..

         Look on the taggs of the pump to see what the Amps  are then Find a transformer that suits..  IF you don't have one at home Ebay, Or Radio shack has all you need any size you want..

          Wire it up and plug it in..       Of course this is just my 2 cents worth.   I sure there is other ways to handle this issue. but this one would only take a few minutes to fix;./     HTH      Nameless     "I forgot My Name"