Re: [Distillers] Pump for cross-flow

  • Zapata Vive
    Message 1 of 37 , May 3, 2009
      I really don't understand why you don't just get a smaller pump?
      Something like this:
      or

      $20 and $25 US respectively.  20 and 55 watts respectively, I think Harry runs 26 watts for comparison.  Surely you can find something similar, cheap pumps are widely available in the US, or heck, how much is shipping to Canada?

      Another benefit of an appropriately small pump is that they are nearly silent.
      Seems way easier and no / not much more cost than your proposed "sale" pump.  Definitely cheaper than buying another keg...

      Message 37 of 37 , May 10, 2009
        Or you can just look around,. Most people have them all over their homes.    All you need is a transformer. Like the ones that are used to plug in cordless phones.  Or Those Picture frames that have digital pictures. or what ever..

         Look on the taggs of the pump to see what the Amps  are then Find a transformer that suits..  IF you don't have one at home Ebay, Or Radio shack has all you need any size you want..

          Wire it up and plug it in..       Of course this is just my 2 cents worth.   I sure there is other ways to handle this issue. but this one would only take a few minutes to fix;./     HTH      Nameless     "I forgot My Name"