connection

  • sstoli123@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2002
        I am currently working on a 20 liter boiler made from an aluminum pot, I have been trying to devise a way to install the 50 mm column to the aluminum lid. I thought I would ask the group for suggestions on a good way to attach the column. I also would like to make it easily removable. Any advice would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Steve
    • Tony & Elle Ackland
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2002
        Steve,

        Try your local plumbing shop. I use a couple of screw-together brass
        fittings. The female part screws together through the lid, the male part
        I've silver-soldered to the column. Cost about NZ$20 (US$8).

        Tony