PHOTOS UPLOADING

  • Anthony Athawes
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
      From Harry's email of 13 April, getting photos on our web looks as simple as this:-

      1.Take the photo
      2.Load it to the screen from a Reader or camera
      3.Hit "Email" at the top
      4.Address the email to a moderator, say Riku, Mason, Ken, Trid or Harry.
      5.Riku's address is chosen out of these - but don't everybody write via him!
      6.abbababbaccc at yahoo.com   (those spaces look dangerous, I didn't think they were permitted).
      7.Send

      I hope this is correct. I did my first photo via Harry but it hasn't shown up on the Distiller's list of photos which is now over 80 entries.

      Tony
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Athawes" <Anthony.Athawes@...> wrote:

        > From Harry's email of 13 April, getting photos on our web looks as simple as this:-
        >
        > 1.Take the photo
        > 2.Load it to the screen from a Reader or camera
        > 3.Hit "Email" at the top
        > 4.Address the email to a moderator, say Riku, Mason, Ken, Trid or Harry.
        > 5.Riku's address is chosen out of these - but don't everybody write via him!
        > 6.abbababbaccc at yahoo.com (those spaces look dangerous, I didn't think they were permitted).
        > 7.Send
        >
        > I hope this is correct. I did my first photo via Harry but it hasn't shown up on the Distiller's list of photos which is now over 80 entries.
        >
        > Tony

        Wrong Wrong Wrong! You cannot use email for photos. Photos is a group website only thing. Email is for uploading files, not photos.

        Tony, I'm gonna get you to do this right if it takes all year. :)
        PLEASE read my posts. Here's what you've missed...

        "If you have photos to upload, use the group's webpage facilities.
        These will be held pending moderator approval before appearing
        in your group's photo section.

        If you have a file to upload, send it as an email attachment to any
        of the moderators. They'll upload it. Yahoo! doesn't
        have a pending for files yet like they do for photos."

        Now some directions, which were in the link I posted before.

        Howto upload photos...

        You can add a photo to an album by uploading one from your computer. Just follow these steps:

        Click Photos in the left hand navigation bar of any group page.
        Click Add Photos in the upper right hand corner.
        Choose an existing album to add the photo(s) to or create a new album. Then click Next.
        Click the Select Files button and choose all the photos from your computer you want to upload up to a maximum of 100. If you want, name the photo (if you don't, the name will just be the file name of the photo on the computer). Then click the Upload button. (Note: If you have javascript disabled on your browser, you will need to click the basic uploader link instead)
        You can upload as many as 100 photos at once (though no single photo can be more than 10 MB).

        Note:

        You can only upload photos in JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG format.
        Mac users: Make sure to add .jpg to the end of the name of the picture before you click Add Now (e.g., "cowbell.jpg")
        If you have a digital camera, download the images to your hard drive and upload them using the same upload process.

        Howto create your photo album...

        From the list on the left of any page, click Photos.
        In the upper-right corner, click Create Album.
        Enter a name for your album.

        Who would you like to see these images? You've got these options:
        Group - Any group member can add photos to this album.
        Personal - Only you and the moderator can add photos to this album.
        Click Continue to create the album.

        Now, just put pictures in it! Click the Select Files button and choose all the photos from your computer you want to upload up to a maximum of 100. If you want, name the photo (if you don't, the name will just be the file name of the photo on the computer). Then click the Upload button. (Note: If you have javascript disabled on your browser, you will need to click the basic uploader link instead)

      • Zapata Vive
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
          Whoa, had a long reply typed out, but then I noticed something different. I finally mangaged to get logged in, thanks Harry. (And just for the record, no it wasn't JUST a spelling error, yahoo really is doing weird things to some accounts).

          Anyway, I tried to upload some pics to distillers, but when I clicked on "pictures", there is no link for adding pictures or creating albums. I suspect this is Anthony's problem too. Then I decided to check new distillers, I can add photos there, so it's just a distillers group issue. Is the ability to post pictures different between the groups? Screenshots below for those of you that get it via email, especially Anthony. Maybe until we are told how to do it in distillers, you can post pictures to new distillers? (BTW, I have the same problem in firefox too)

          Distillers, no add photos or album links:

          New Distillers, note the photo / album links, upper right hand, beneath search:

          > 2.Load it to the screen from a Reader or camera
          > 3.Hit "Email" at the top
          > 4.Address the email to a moderator, say Riku, Mason, Ken, Trid or Harry.
          > 5.Riku's address is chosen out of these - but don't everybody write via him!
          > 6.abbababbaccc at yahoo.com (those spaces look dangerous, I didn't think they were permitted).
          > 7.Send
          >
          > I hope this is correct. I did my first photo via Harry but it hasn't shown up on the Distiller's list of photos which is now over 80 entries.
          >
          > Tony

          Wrong Wrong Wrong! You cannot use email for photos. Photos is a group website only thing. Email is for uploading files, not photos.

          Tony, I'm gonna get you to do this right if it takes all year. :)
          PLEASE read my posts. Here's what you've missed...

          "If you have photos to upload, use the group's webpage facilities.
          These will be held pending moderator approval before appearing
          in your group's photo section.

          If you have a file to upload, send it as an email attachment to any
          of the moderators. They'll upload it. Yahoo! doesn't
          have a pending for files yet like they do for photos."

          Now some directions, which were in the link I posted before.

          Howto upload photos...

          You can add a photo to an album by uploading one from your computer. Just follow these steps:

          Click Photos in the left hand navigation bar of any group page.
          Click Add Photos in the upper right hand corner.
          Choose an existing album to add the photo(s) to or create a new album. Then click Next.
          Click the Select Files button and choose all the photos from your computer you want to upload up to a maximum of 100. If you want, name the photo (if you don't, the name will just be the file name of the photo on the computer). Then click the Upload button. (Note: If you have javascript disabled on your browser, you will need to click the basic uploader link instead)
          You can upload as many as 100 photos at once (though no single photo can be more than 10 MB).

          Note:

          You can only upload photos in JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG format.
          Mac users: Make sure to add .jpg to the end of the name of the picture before you click Add Now (e.g., "cowbell.jpg")
          If you have a digital camera, download the images to your hard drive and upload them using the same upload process.

          Howto create your photo album...

          From the list on the left of any page, click Photos.
          In the upper-right corner, click Create Album.
          Enter a name for your album.

          Who would you like to see these images? You've got these options:
          Group - Any group member can add photos to this album.
          Personal - Only you and the moderator can add photos to this album.
          Click Continue to create the album.

          Now, just put pictures in it! Click the Select Files button and choose all the photos from your computer you want to upload up to a maximum of 100. If you want, name the photo (if you don't, the name will just be the file name of the photo on the computer). Then click the Upload button. (Note: If you have javascript disabled on your browser, you will need to click the basic uploader link instead)

        • KM Services
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
            Mate,

            Have just been to distillers and new distillers ( have approved photos) and
            in both cases the "add" "create" are on the bottom right ????? and are
            usable???

            Ken Mc (Moderator)

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
              Yahoo has redeployed the groups just yesterday (there was a notice sent to all). There may be "issues". Clear your browser cache for starters. We'll see what develops over the next several days. That's what I hate about Yahoo. They're always trying to "Fix" what ain't broke, but leave things that "are broke", still broke.

            • gff_stwrt
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
                Hi, harry and folks,

                Harry, I used the command 'delete browser history' and told it to delete 'all' of the five or so categories. I guess that is what you are talking about.

                Regards,

                The (computer semi-literate) Baker

                > Yahoo has redeployed the groups just yesterday (there was a notice sent to all). There may be "issues". Clear your browser cache for starters. We'll see what develops over the next several days. That's what I hate about Yahoo. They're always trying to "Fix" what ain't broke, but leave things that "are broke", still broke.
                >

                > Slainte!
                > regards Harry

              • KM Services
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
                  One free program I have had installed on my PC for years is "internet
                  eraser" I always close now with it cleans all temporary files/cache/browser
                  history.you can set it to do what you want.is dead easy to use and does a
                  great job http://tinyurl.com/2o3r6

                  Ken Mc (This is my opinion and if I am wrong I will be corrected I am sure)

                  Hi, harry and folks,

                  Harry, I used the command 'delete browser history' and told it to delete
                  'all' of the five or so categories. I guess that is what you are talking
                  about.

                  Regards,

                  The (computer semi-literate) Baker

                • anthonyathawes
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 15, 2009
                    Harry, Thank you for trying to help, but we just cannot see "Add Photos" in the upper RH corner (we agree you copied out the instuction OK, and I have it here on the screen). Two of us have looked very carefully!

                    It may be worth noting we are in "Vista" - though the instruction is also in Vista.

                    I have written to "Help" and expect a reply in 24 hours. Have any other people had difficulty/impossibility of getting to "Add Photos"?

                  • burrows206
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 15, 2009
                      Hi Guys,
                      I'm on Vista and have no problems at all, I added 3 photos of a liebig a couple of days ago I waited until the moderators checked them out and there they are today look at the dates under Geoffs still
                      Geoff

                    • Dave
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 15, 2009
                        I have the same problem, Cannot put pic in Distillers but I can in New Distillers.
                        This is not a new problem, it's been on and off  like this for a few years, most of the time
                        it will not work,and or even be there.

                        And I thought it was just me.

                        Dave

                        Anyway, I tried to upload some pics to distillers, but when I clicked on
                        "pictures", there is no link for adding pictures or creating albums. I
                        suspect this is Anthony's problem too. Then I decided to check new
                        distillers, I can add photos there, so it's just a distillers group issue.
                        Is the ability to post pictures different between the groups?

                        ________________________________

                        Recent Activity
                        *  10
                        New Members
                        *  3
                        New Photos
                        *  2
                        New FilesVisit Your Group
                        Get in Shape
                        on Yahoo! Groups
                        Find a buddy
                        and lose weight.
                        Yahoo! Groups
                        Cats Group
                        Join a group for
                        cat owners like you
                        Yahoo! Groups
                        Mom Power
                        Community just for Moms
                        Join the discussion
                        .

                      • anthonyathawes
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 15, 2009
                          I'm glad someone else confirms the problem where there is no

                          "Click Add Photos in the upper right hand corner" as Harry has copied out.

                          It is interesting that Geoff has had no problems and you can get through with "New Distillers" only.

                          What do you say to this, Harry?

                          Tony