JB Weld

  • Craig Huggins
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
      Is JB Weld safe to use when building a still? Nontoxic?

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
        Can I use jbweld to union my column to the boiling vessel?

      • flaming_pinto
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
          This comes from the Jbweld website:

          ""When cured Adhesiveweld is completely resistant to water, oil,
          petrol,diesel and most aggressive chemicals such as battery acid. It
          is also non corrosive and non conductive. This means you can use it
          as a circuit-breakeror where corrosive chemicals are present or in a
          hard climatic environment.""

          also:

          "" Adhesiveweld resists temperatures of 300oC and often higher. This
          feature benefits end users who wish to make repairs in and around
          vehicle engines, for example. But it also gives everyone the
          confidence to make permanent repairsin and around the home or garden
          where there are, for example, hot pipes, orif in the garden there are
          diverse climatic changes.""

          Based on this and other info found at the manufactures site, I would
          say that this product would do well used to join a pot to a column.
          As a matter of fact, I might even use it in my next design!

          flaming_pinto

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Zarklan Zhaphedoix
          <fermentsindarkness@y...> wrote:
          > Can I use jbweld to union my column to the boiling vessel?

        • toddk63
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
            I've never been that impressed with its holding strength

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Zarklan Zhaphedoix
            <fermentsindarkness@y...> wrote:
            > Can I use jbweld to union my column to the boiling vessel?

          • abbababbaccc
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
              Haven't tried JBWeld brand, but Super epoxy which is supposed to be
              quite similar softens and loses it's grip when exposed to alcohol.
              Just a word of warning.

              Greetz, Riku