Re: Rum Drinker

  • anthonyathawes
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2009
      No, your not mad. You're simply setting out on a long trail with diverse routes.

      Some use Dunder. Others don't.Some use brown sugar. Others, white. Some use ordinary yeast. Others, special yeast. Some say you need a tropical climate. Others have got results in a temperate one. Some get good result in one strip. Others would use two. Some use a Liebig. Others an un-refluxed, fluxed still. Some use the middle third of fresh dunder. Some wait for it to go off. Some make their caramel. Others would buy it. Some use dunder simply for its water content. Molasses is a subject of its own. Oaking. You might get away with charring some with a blow lamp.

      The good thing about distilling is that it kills off most of the un-pleasant things and what you have left is usually pleasantly drinkable or flavourable.

      Good Luck!

      Tony