Re: Caramel

  • castillo.alex2008
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hi

      I rely on oak for the final color, the longer the better and add some honey to mellow and add a little of sweet and raising extract, made by myself for that brandy finishing good rums have, but now reading this thread I wonder if a faster solution to the problem would be to add some amount (i.e. 1/4 cup per gallon?) of maple syrup (the dark one used for pancakes) to get both color and sweet. Does any one have experience in it?

      Alex