Re: disappearing posts

  • mattdistiller
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2002
      --- In Distillers@y..., "motie_d" <motie_d@y...> wrote:
      > What is happening to my posts? They don't seem to be showing up on
      > the board. Has anyone recieved my messages about the danger of
      > explosion when dealing with Peat?

      Motie

      The reply-to address on this email group is set to be the sender of
      the message - So if you reply to someones message, the reply goes to
      them, not to the group.

      If you want the message to go to the group, you need to make sure the
      address it is being sent to is the Distillers@yahoogroups address.

      As an aside, I think this is "non-expected" behaviour - all of the
      other groups I am a member of have the reply-to address as the groups
      email address - it stops interesting dicussions fading into personal
      posts - afterall, the point of a discussion group is to discuss for
      everyone! I think the settings should be changed so this is the
      case. Is the group owner out there?

      Matt (Bris)