Ginger Liqueur

  • Jeanette Dunphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2002
      Hi All,

      I have just made the most delicious ginger liqueur.

      Chop up 250 gms of HOT ginger ( I used Buderim Ginger,
      sugar coated )
      Add 2 cups sugar ( raw )
      Simmer in 2 cups of water until the whole lot is
      reduced to a runny, sticky goo, and the ginger is
      tender.
      Whack it in the blender, then add to a couple of
      litres of plain vodka.
      Mine is made up to 40%, but you may want to go down to
      30%.
      Let it all sit for about a month.
      Strain off the lumpy bits, ( keep for cooking, or
      maybe the next batch )and voila.
      I filtered some of it again, and think that it spoiled
      the batch, by taking out the syrup, and left it all
      too thin in texture.

      It really knocks your socks off, very spicy. Hubby
      reckons that I have the MOONSHINE QUEEN title in the
      bag.

      Jeanette

      http://greetings.yahoo.com