Re: [Distillers] Re: refractometer for distalate?

  • Zapata Vive
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2009
      I agree they would be great.  Not great enough for me to outlay he $400-$1000 a true alcohol refractometer would cost.

      Are you using a parrot's beak?  I know there isn't automatic temperature correction with them, but it provides a real time reading that is even more convenient to me than a refractometer would be because it is continuously monitoring the output vs. having to take samples, even if only a few drops.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2009
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zapata Vive" <zapatavive@...> wrote:

        > I agree they would be great. Not great enough for me to outlay he $400-$1000 a true alcohol refractometer would cost.
        >
        > Are you using a parrot's beak? I know there isn't automatic temperature correction with them, but it provides a real time reading that is even more convenient to me than a refractometer would be because it is continuously monitoring the output vs. having to take samples, even if only a few drops.

        Yes a parrot inline is continuous monitoring. Further to that....these are the type of instruments I'm talking about. NIST calibrated, accurate to 3 decimal points of a percent. Under $40 ea.
        http://tinyurl.com/aqw6vp

        No refractometer alive is that accurate. The one previously linked to is +or- 1%