Re: Triple distillation

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
      > <jayghandi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Iam new tp the group and i have a pot still and would like to know
      > > the temperatures for triple distillation.Thanks

      As Jim stated, this does belong in the "New Distillers" group.

      My method for XXX pot distillation as follows.
      1st Run strip to 208.5F
      2nd Run toss everything before 172F and collect to 203-204F
      3rd Run toss everything before 172F and collect in numbered
      pint jars up to 184F. Make cuts to taste and smell when the
      Run is over. Save first jar as feints, its full of Foreshots and
      Heads. DO NOT DRINK THE FIRST JAR.

      Mason