Re: fruity character

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2009
      A stupid question. What is a worm tub? Is that worm in a tub type of
      a product condenser? If so the design does not contribute to the
      spirits character.

      Assuming you are using reflux towers and making neutral spirits your
      problem is likely in your heads separation column or the way you
      operate it.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, ankit sethi <ankit_sethi@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi guyz,
      >
      > I have been in this group for quite sometime now and finally have
      found a question for yous. I work in a distillery which produces
      fruity character spirit even though we have worm tubs in place. As
      per popular assumption, worm tubs produce heavy characters (sulphury)
      and so far we have never come across a heavy character. On putting up
      this question before I was told the reason behing it could be high
      inlet water temperature in the worm tubs.

      > I have checked the temperatures couple of times and they have never
      touched more than 17-20 Celsius (62-68 fahreheit). Have yous come
      across this before?? your answers would be sincerely appreciated.