DIY Centrifuge

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009

      Calling all tinkers.  Is this innovation or what?  Get fit & charge your cellphone while you mash.

      Video & build documentation here...
      http://homelessdave.com/hdwashingman.htm

    • jamesonbeam1
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
        Sorry Harry,

        Thats a non-PET plastic bottle - unless they make those coated PET
        alcohol containers to fit bike holders - aint interested. I'll take the
        used dryer or washing mashine concept anyday.

        Vino es Veritas,

        Jim.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009

          > Sorry Harry,
          >
          > Thats a non-PET plastic bottle - unless they make those coated PET
          > alcohol containers to  fit bike holders - aint interested. I'll take the
          > used dryer or washing mashine concept anyday.
          >
          > Vino es Veritas,
          >
          > Jim.

          I wasn't thinking of this setup for Washing.  I was talking Mashing & fermenting.  Separating grain from liquid.  If exercise isn't your style, just leave the spin-motor in place.

          But yeah, you'd have to replace the plastic bottle with something a bit more spirit-friendly, like a hip-flask.

        • Robert Hubble
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
            Ok, Harry, I give!

            I know when I've been outclassed...lol

            Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

            To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            From: gnikomson2000@...
            Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:58:34 +0000
            Subject: [Distillers] DIY Centrifuge

            Calling all tinkers.  Is this innovation or what?  Get fit & charge your cellphone while you mash.

            Video & build documentation here...
            http://homelessdave .com/hdwashingma n.htm

            HotmailĀ® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.
          • jamesonbeam1
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
              LoL,

              No seriously, Im a fan of the bucket with perforated bottom lined with a
              paint strainer bag - been using that for years with fruit pulp. Also
              love the idea of James with the used washing machine on spin cycle. But
              someone in New Distiller's tried to ask about taking his new family
              dryer, modifying the spinner to hold containers of mash around it lol,
              till i asked him what would happen if one of them containers broke hehe.

              Vino es Veritas,

              Jim aka Waldo.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009

                > Ok, Harry, I give!
                >
                > I know when I've been outclassed...lol
                >
                > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

                Not outclassed mate. ;) outgoogled. ROFL

              • Arsene Lupin
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
                  awesome link Harry, the centrifuge could work with a stainless steel
                  cloth as filter for separating particles.

                  But what i'd really love is a way separate the yeast from the
                  wash(other than racking of course).
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Arsene Lupin" <ragnagna75012@...>
                    wrote:

                    > awesome link Harry, the centrifuge could work with a stainless steel
                    > cloth as filter for separating particles.
                    >
                    > But what i'd really love is a way separate the yeast from the
                    > wash(other than racking of course).

                    Did you see this message?