Re:Copper, Silver, and Yeast

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2009
      Copper sulphate is an antifungal. The Chinese used silver vessels to
      disinfect. Colloidal silver is used in water filters along with
      activated carbon.
      wal
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, mike karnowski <djpotpie@...> wrote:

      > German brewers used to put a piece of "sacrificial copper" into the
      fermentation tanks as it supposedly gets used as a yeast nutrient and
      the wort would slowly eat away at it. I think the worry of metals in
      our diet has made this practice obsolete in the last decade. It would
      however negate the idea of copper being anti-microbial as far as yeast
      fermentation goes. -m