Xflow vs Coil (was) Re: Reflux Woes still no azetrope etho.

  • mavnkaf
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 7, 2009

      > Yeah, Sorry Mal (Duds). Got your names mixed up. Definitely
      > gettin' "Oldtimer's" disease. :))
      >
      > However, good jobs by both of you. Hope you get many years fun out
      > of 'em. Enjoy.
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

      I forgot Mal's name, sorry mate, but I do remember Mal's pot still
      that I modeled mine after, which is doing a fine job so far, I may
      change it soon though, Harry gave me some ideas with with Whisky
      still thread recently, I think I'll have to look at Sherman's you
      tube video's again, anyway, thats another thread to start when I'm
      ready.

      Harry, I think I'll leave the .... What are we going call your still
      head concept? The HJ LM/VM cross flow still head, or The HJ Dual
      management still head? What ever the popular name that may stick,
      I'll be using it to make my neutral spirit for a long time from now.

      Slainte!

      And a Cheers to all!
      Marc

      Here is some constrution pic's of the cross flow condenser and the
      still head in differnt stages, old and new. I will welcom any
      suggestions as well.

      http://tinyurl.com/8c3xfa
    • duds2u
      Message 47 of 47 , Jan 9, 2009
        I found that there was a very small amount of play in the "T" piece
        that allowed me to do it so I didn't have to bend anything.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zapata Vive" <zapatavive@...> wrote:

        > How did you manage to "raise the ends of the cross to prevent
        pooling"?

        > I think that means you bent the two horizontal arms of the "T"
        fitting slightly up? I thought of that, but couldn't think of a good
        way, especially without throwing them out of round. I also didn't
        really feel like messing around with it too much, that fitting cost me
        more than my column!

        > Tips much appreciated on this, I've got a friend thinking of
        building, and if I could convince him his would be even better than
        mine, he'd take the bait for sure!