Re: Reflux Woes still no azetrope etho.

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 5, 2009
      Well, you probably loose some 200W or less from the boiler so it
      shouldn't be a problem either.

      I must say I'm a bit puzzled. You are running at correct vaporspeed
      and the RR is around 10:1 and you let your rig stabilize properly.
      That should automatically net you 95.6% stuff.

      Few other checks that I can think of, the packing is not resting
      against the sink drain or against the collar? Then there's the collar
      that could be smaller, other than I can't think of anything right now.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@...>

      > wrote:
      >

      > > Since you are not getting 95.6% I suggest there is something
      wrong
      > > with your still. What about your boiler, how big is it and of
      what
      > > material (trying to estimate heat losses here)?
      >
      > > Cheers, Riku
      >
      > The Boiler is a 32 Quart SS Stock pot. When I made the switch to
      > electric I also insulated it with this stuff.
      > http://tinyurl.com/63w7fl Wrap the column with the same stuff. The
      > boiler sits on top of my old propane burner and I cut out a piece of
      > this insulation for it to sit on as well. The top of the boiler is
      > 1/8" thick SS with sink strainer attachment. Also cut insulation to
      > sit on top of that as well. The thing is covered pretty well. I
      had
      > a thermometer laying on top of the boiler during the run and it
      read 105F.

      > There are no apparent leaks in the rig. All of my calculations when
      > it comes to product amount versus whats left in the boiler(I
      measured)
      > have been spot on.
      >
      > Mason

    • duds2u
      Message 47 of 47 , Jan 9, 2009
        I found that there was a very small amount of play in the "T" piece
        that allowed me to do it so I didn't have to bend anything.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zapata Vive" <zapatavive@...> wrote:

        > How did you manage to "raise the ends of the cross to prevent
        pooling"?

        > I think that means you bent the two horizontal arms of the "T"
        fitting slightly up? I thought of that, but couldn't think of a good
        way, especially without throwing them out of round. I also didn't
        really feel like messing around with it too much, that fitting cost me
        more than my column!

        > Tips much appreciated on this, I've got a friend thinking of
        building, and if I could convince him his would be even better than
        mine, he'd take the bait for sure!