Re: AWOL?

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
      HIC, HIC.

      Waldo.

      > Everybody still recovering????
      >
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009

        > Everybody still recovering????
        >
        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

        Almost there but got this nasty flue to top it off. Now if someone
        could do a stripping run for me and change my column packing I'd be
        ready for one interesting spirits run ...

        Cheers, Riku
      • midnighthorseman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
          > aaahhh i have a2" double slant bokabob with a 2x6" long tube below
          the slants packed with structured packing and ran a very nice rum on
          new years eve.... made the rum from 5lbs pilloncio,5 lbs white
          sugar,1qt Grandmas molassses, approx 1 QT dunder from previous runs.
          out of a 5 gals. of wash i ended up with 2300 ml of 170pf and 300 ml
          tails with the regular heads n foreshots added to my tails for later
          distillations.... awesome flavor!!!.....
          best of luck in everyones endevores this new years!!!!
          > Everybody still recovering????
          >
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • morganfield1
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
            Brain cells dead, can't think of anything to post!

            Tip one, Morgan
            Terrible massacre, wasn't pretty. The little buggers never stood a
            chance :-(

            > Everybody still recovering????
            >
            > Slainte!
            > regards Harry

          • gff_stwrt
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
              Hi, folks,

              I plan to make one of these Bokakob slant plate reflux stills one
              day, though for the time being I am trying to learn to operate my pot
              still.
              I have some two inch and some three inch copper tube, and also
              about eight feet of four inch stainless.
              (If I used the stainless, and in fact in any case, I would use
              copper mesh in the column).
              If I take it for granted for the moment that there will be no
              difficulty in matching the boiler (bigger pot) and the heat source
              (bigger gas ring), and so on, to the bigger tubes;
              will the three inch be a lot better than the two inch, and the
              four inch be much better than the three inch?
              In other words will the bigger ones produce a lot more product, of
              equal quality to the smaller ones, in the same amount of time?

              On the face of it it would seem so, but life is not that simple,
              is it? It is even possible that I would be better off making a
              different kind of reflux still.....

              Thanks very much to you more experienced distillers for your help.

              Regards,

              The Baker

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "midnighthorseman" <lbc471965@...>

              > > aaahhh i have a2" double slant bokabob with a 2x6" long tube below
              > the slants packed with structured packing and ran a very nice rum on
              > new years eve.... made the rum from 5lbs pilloncio,5 lbs white
              > sugar,1qt Grandmas molassses, approx 1 QT dunder from previous runs.
              > out of a 5 gals. of wash i ended up with 2300 ml of 170pf and 300 ml
              > tails with the regular heads n foreshots added to my tails for later
              > distillations.... awesome flavor!!!.....
              > best of luck in everyones endevores this new years!!!!
              > > Everybody still recovering????
              > >
              > > Slainte!
              > > regards Harry

            • abbababbaccc
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
                The column efficiency starts to drop once you move from 2" to 3".
                When you move to 4" it drops markedly. This means that by just
                scaling up a 2" design to 4" you are not going to get 95.6% ethanol
                four times faster.

                It is indeed the case that you would be better off making another
                type of a still if it is easy neutral alcohol production you have in
                mind. Look for VM, ARC and E-ARC type of stills.

                Cheers, Riku