AWOL?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
      Everybody still recovering????

    • jamesonbeam1
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
        HIC, HIC.

        Waldo.

        > Everybody still recovering????
        >
        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

      • abbababbaccc
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009

          > Everybody still recovering????
          >
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

          Almost there but got this nasty flue to top it off. Now if someone
          could do a stripping run for me and change my column packing I'd be
          ready for one interesting spirits run ...

          Cheers, Riku
        • midnighthorseman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
            > aaahhh i have a2" double slant bokabob with a 2x6" long tube below
            the slants packed with structured packing and ran a very nice rum on
            new years eve.... made the rum from 5lbs pilloncio,5 lbs white
            sugar,1qt Grandmas molassses, approx 1 QT dunder from previous runs.
            out of a 5 gals. of wash i ended up with 2300 ml of 170pf and 300 ml
            tails with the regular heads n foreshots added to my tails for later
            distillations.... awesome flavor!!!.....
            best of luck in everyones endevores this new years!!!!
            > Everybody still recovering????
            >
            > Slainte!
            > regards Harry

          • morganfield1
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
              Brain cells dead, can't think of anything to post!

              Tip one, Morgan
              Terrible massacre, wasn't pretty. The little buggers never stood a
              chance :-(

              > Everybody still recovering????
              >
              > Slainte!
              > regards Harry

            • gff_stwrt
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
                Hi, folks,

                I plan to make one of these Bokakob slant plate reflux stills one
                day, though for the time being I am trying to learn to operate my pot
                still.
                I have some two inch and some three inch copper tube, and also
                about eight feet of four inch stainless.
                (If I used the stainless, and in fact in any case, I would use
                copper mesh in the column).
                If I take it for granted for the moment that there will be no
                difficulty in matching the boiler (bigger pot) and the heat source
                (bigger gas ring), and so on, to the bigger tubes;
                will the three inch be a lot better than the two inch, and the
                four inch be much better than the three inch?
                In other words will the bigger ones produce a lot more product, of
                equal quality to the smaller ones, in the same amount of time?

                On the face of it it would seem so, but life is not that simple,
                is it? It is even possible that I would be better off making a
                different kind of reflux still.....

                Thanks very much to you more experienced distillers for your help.

                Regards,

                The Baker

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "midnighthorseman" <lbc471965@...>

                > > aaahhh i have a2" double slant bokabob with a 2x6" long tube below
                > the slants packed with structured packing and ran a very nice rum on
                > new years eve.... made the rum from 5lbs pilloncio,5 lbs white
                > sugar,1qt Grandmas molassses, approx 1 QT dunder from previous runs.
                > out of a 5 gals. of wash i ended up with 2300 ml of 170pf and 300 ml
                > tails with the regular heads n foreshots added to my tails for later
                > distillations.... awesome flavor!!!.....
                > best of luck in everyones endevores this new years!!!!
                > > Everybody still recovering????
                > >
                > > Slainte!
                > > regards Harry

              • abbababbaccc
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
                  The column efficiency starts to drop once you move from 2" to 3".
                  When you move to 4" it drops markedly. This means that by just
                  scaling up a 2" design to 4" you are not going to get 95.6% ethanol
                  four times faster.

                  It is indeed the case that you would be better off making another
                  type of a still if it is easy neutral alcohol production you have in
                  mind. Look for VM, ARC and E-ARC type of stills.

                  Cheers, Riku