Hi, I am new here.

  • a.beath
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2008
      Hi everyone. I have just made my first distilled alcohol and have a
      few questions. I used dextrose and wonder if it's okay to use white
      sugar with turbo yeast next time? Also the alcohol I made this time
      has a bit of a fiery bite to it. Is there any way to tone it down?

      Thank you.
    • Trid
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2008
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "a.beath" <a.beath@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone. I have just made my first distilled alcohol and have a
        > few questions. I used dextrose and wonder if it's okay to use white
        > sugar with turbo yeast next time? Also the alcohol I made this time
        > has a bit of a fiery bite to it. Is there any way to tone it down?
        >
        > Thank you.

        Yes, and yes.
        First, read up on http://homedistiller.org again and again and again.
        Pay particular attention to "sugar washes." Then read it again. You
        may find that most of your questions will be answered there. If
        there's anything left unanswered, then let 'er rip.

        Second, it may be where you make your cuts, it may just need time to
        settle. Give us a little more insight as to how you made your cuts
        and we can help you better.

        Trid