Re: [Distillers] Re: Type of booze for essences

  • Zapata Vive
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 12, 2008
      There is always the option of using agave extract, available from brew suppliers.  I don't know I've ever heard of anyone doing it, and it isn't all that cheap, but it's an option to consider.
      But that might be a different thread, so I am interested in hearing opinions on tequila essences.
      From: rye_junkie@hotmail. com
      Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 01:15:09 +0000
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: Type of booze for essences

      --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "KM Services" <km_services@ ...> wrote:
      > Mason,
      > Can you give a link to the message for" recipe Z bob" recipe? I must
      > missed that. Just a note many have failures with essences due to penny
      > pinching on essences, but also the quality of the distillate is, as
      I said,
      > important and whilst your grog will produce a not bad tasting
      "Whisky" when
      > aged on oak, but because of not being neutral and un polished, too
      many off
      > tastes will ruin and essence and over power it in the finished
      > This is my opinion and if I am wrong I will be corrected I am sure...
      > Cheers
      > Ken Mc

      Here it is Ken, I save it in a Folder. It was from a few days ago in
      the New Distillers Group. The first part is Z Bobs Explanation and
      method and the Recipes follow. I omitted a bunch of stuff from the
      original post. Here is the link to the Whole thing if you want it:
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/new_ distillers/ message/32497

      Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.