Re: limoncello (the fix)

  • duds2u
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 6, 2008
      Zymargy,
      I have made it a couple of times with kaffir lime leaves. I have made
      it both ways, that is fresh leaves and freshly dried leaves. I use
      about 30 leaves (10 gm) to make up a 750 ml batch. The flavour is
      similar but the dried leaves don't have the greenish tinge that the
      fresh leaf version has. Both are very sippable.
      Cheers
      Mal T.

      > Ratchet,
      >
      > I wouldn't know a lemon myrtle if it bit me, and I used to
      > live in country famed for its myrtle wood. I have, however,
      > seriously considered a liqueur flavored with kaffir lime
      > leaves. It's an odd kind of citrus flavor, known to anyone
      > who cooks Thai food, and I just love that flavor.
      >
      > It doesn't grow in these parts, but the fresh leaves are
      > available in the good Asian markets. Thanks for reminding
      > me.
      >
      > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

    • duds2u
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 7, 2008
        Zymurgy,
        The common response is, "Yes please, I will have another."
        Cheers
        Mal T.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hubble <zymurgybob@...>