RE: [Distillers] Re: limoncello (the fix)

  • Robert Hubble
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 30, 2008
      Ratchet,

      I wouldn't know a lemon myrtle if it bit me, and I used to
      live in country famed for its myrtle wood. I have, however,
      seriously considered a liqueur flavored with kaffir lime
      leaves. It's an odd kind of citrus flavor, known to anyone
      who cooks Thai food, and I just love that flavor.

      It doesn't grow in these parts, but the fresh leaves are
      available in the good Asian markets. Thanks for reminding
      me.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: rebrowne@...
      Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 05:24:48 +0000
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: limoncello (the fix)

      I make my lemoncello using lemon myrtle leaves

      my wife loves it

      you can adjust the sugar to your seetness

      Lemon Myrtle Liqueur

      Pick 30 grams lemon myrtle leaves (no stalks)

      Wash in cold water

      Add 400 ml straight alcohol (40%)

      Leave for 1 week , no more , to steep

      Filter thru a fine sieve

      Dissolve 200 grams sugar in 400 ml water and boil
      Allow to cool

      Mix with the lemon myrtle vodka and bottle

      Makes about 1 litre

      Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now. Download now.
    • duds2u
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 7, 2008
        Zymurgy,
        The common response is, "Yes please, I will have another."
        Cheers
        Mal T.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hubble <zymurgybob@...>