Yahoo and Verizon WTF?

  • Rob Macrobert
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2008
      Does anyone here know what's going on with regards Yahoo and Verizon's anti-spam/abuse programs?
      Both messages I've sent to the group tonight have generated multiple auto responses from abuse@... and from "Yahoo! Groups" <groups-abuse@...-inc.com>.
      Have we got someone playing silly buggers with the group and listing the above email addy's as their own, just to cause problems?
      After the last round of Verizon A/R messages, they were put on the block list and disappeared. Today, 2 messages to the group generated 14 A/R messages, referencing the mail I sent.
      Any one have any ideas?

      Robbie Mac
      Sometime tinkerer and sometimes it even works..

      --
      Be Yourself @ mail.com!
      Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
      Get a Free Account at www.mail.com
    • Trid
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2008
        --- On Sun, 11/9/08, Rob Macrobert <macrobert@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone here know what's going on with regards Yahoo
        > and Verizon's anti-spam/abuse programs?
        > Both messages I've sent to the group tonight have
        > generated multiple auto responses from abuse@... and
        > from "Yahoo! Groups"

        It's been addressed with the Yahoo crew and so far, it seems like a bug on Verizon's side. Either filter the "abuse@..." to your trash or check it off as spam (whatever the easiest method for your own mail client is) and be done with it.

        Trid
        -So sez the moderator crew
      • Rob Macrobert
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008
          Thanks Trid, Verizon's been junked for a while now, but Yahoo had only started.
          Sooner or later it might get sorted.

          Cheers,