Re: Acrylic racking used as collection pipe. It desolved.

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
      Trid,
      Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't done this in thirty five years. Back then, everything
      was copper or brass. I upgraded my old still to stainless and found out the hard way that you
      need some copper in the process. The first batch smelled like old f**ts from all the sulphur
      dioxide. Added copper mesh to the column and it cleaned right up. Didn't read the warnings
      about no plastic. Yep, learned the hard way once more.
      Thanks again,
      Larry