Re: anyone have a recipe for poitin?

  • mtnwalker2
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2008
      Matt,

      Rolled oats, ie flaked oats, is what i used for the first try. Some
      have said that with a perfect mash conversion they would liquify. Mine
      never did, and it was still like seperateing the wort from oatmeal. The
      grains, with husks, or just the berries crushed worked great.

      I also just read on a beer brewing site, that there is now a malt
      extract for malted oats- not sure if it was DME or LME? That would be
      easist!

      Let us know the results-Please!

      JP