Re: [Distillers] Re: Aeration for those that use esences

  • Dulcet Brewer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2008
      >Interesting observation, Mason. I've never tried a blender for
      >spirits, except to make Baileys knockoff. For that a blender is
      >mandatory to homogenise the milk products with the whisky. Maybe
      >yours & Ken's blender use produces something similar to
      >homogenisation or 'Marrying' of the water, ethanol, air & essences?
      >It certainly is worth looking into. Anybody else?
      >
      >Slainte!
      >regards Harry

      Hi guys.
      IMHO the BEST device for blending CH3CH2OH with anything else is a "stick mixer" with an aeration head. Cheap as chips and the aeration head seems to do a better job of aerating the blend than a cutting head. I have now liberated our machine to the brewery/distillery and the wife borrows it when she needs it.

      DulcetBrewer
      Perth, Western Australia

      Measure, once or twice - cut: mostly._