Limoncello Question

  • Derek Hamlet
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2008
      Last year I made Limoncello using lemon zest. It worked very well
      and was a big gut.
      As I remember I put the zest on 50% neutral alcohol and at the end
      sweetened to taste with a simple sugar syrup.
      I have about nine litres of neutral 60% alcohol that I would also
      like to turn into limoncello.
      That's a lot of lemon zest.
      My question is: has anyone experimented with lemon extract to make
      limoncello. If yes, how did it work out.
      My understanding is that lemon extract is basically lemon oil which
      is what we use zest for, no?
      Thanks for any experiences you may have had.

      Derek