Rum run

  • dunerydr
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 8, 2008
      Hi all,
      After 5 sugar washes with my PS II high capacity distiller from
      Brewhaus, in full reflux mode, and making some fine ethanol, I now have
      a handle on running this thing. Mostly. Right now I have a molasses
      wash going which will be ready to run on Saturday. I plan on running
      without reflux and just the condenser section. I have not run this way
      even in a test run. Any respones on how I should run will be
      appreciated. I have a 1500 W hot plate that I just run on high and use
      the condenser to control head temp. If someone has done this same run
      on a PS II let me know.
    • Matthew Rowley
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 18, 2008
        I've got both lemongrass and lemon verbena growing in the garden and
        like them each. I'll use lemon verbena almost as a mint substitute
        sometimes (though spare me a verbena julep), but lemongrass lends
        itself more to savory preparations and I'd probably keep it out of the
        spirits. In San Diego, each is practically a weed...