Re: WINE VS WATER

  • Dave Lineback
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2008
      "Now, Dave, you gotta die. Will it be wine or poop for you?"

      "Think I'll go with the wine if it's all the same with you."

      Dave iNC

      Jim wrote:

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:Distillers%40yahoogroups.com>, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...> wrote:
      >
      > > WINE VS WATER
      > >
      > > In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have
      > demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of
      > the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli,
      > (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming
      > 1 kilo of poop.
      >
      > Not to be a contrarian, but as a public health RN, I can assure that
      > drinking poop is very much in your families' interests, as such minor
      > exposure greatly strengthens the immune system. For the same reason
      > you're doin your kids a favor by lettin em play in the dirt. Today's
      > kids - obviously protected from decent amounts of poop and mud - are
      > much more likely to have weak immune systems.
      >
      > In Franklin's day, dare I say, the amounts of poop were actually
      > significant and dangerous - how do you spell visible C-H-U-N-K-S? The
      > water was not even remotely potable in many cities where sewage was
      > simply dumped on the streets.
      >
      > OTOH, drinking a liter of booze a day will lead to excessive BS, lol...

    • ragnagna75012 ragnagna75012
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2008
        I dont think E Coli could survive the weak osmotic pressure of drinking water....

      • Sven Pfitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
          This is totally stupid.

          (1) bacteria were not identified until 76 years after Franklin's death

          (2) according to this nonsence each litre of water would contain
          1000gr/365 = 2.739 gr of Escherichia coli. Kind of a bit of
          contamination, eh?

          Sven