WINE VS WATER

  • mstehelin
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2008
      Someone forwarded this to me. Thought it might be relevant.
      Cheers

      WINE VS WATER

      To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... and those who don't.

      As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is

      freedom, in water there is bacteria.

      In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have

      demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of

      the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli,

      (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming
      1 kilo of poop.

      However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila,

      rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a

      purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

      Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health

      Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink

      water and be full of sh*t.

      There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing

      it as a public service
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2008
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...> wrote:

        > WINE VS WATER
        >
        > In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have
        demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of
        the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli,
        (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming
        1 kilo of poop.

        Not to be a contrarian, but as a public health RN, I can assure that
        drinking poop is very much in your families' interests, as such minor
        exposure greatly strengthens the immune system. For the same reason
        you're doin your kids a favor by lettin em play in the dirt. Today's
        kids - obviously protected from decent amounts of poop and mud - are
        much more likely to have weak immune systems.

        In Franklin's day, dare I say, the amounts of poop were actually
        significant and dangerous - how do you spell visible C-H-U-N-K-S? The
        water was not even remotely potable in many cities where sewage was
        simply dumped on the streets.

        OTOH, drinking a liter of booze a day will lead to excessive BS, lol...
      • Dave Lineback
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2008
          "Now, Dave, you gotta die. Will it be wine or poop for you?"

          "Think I'll go with the wine if it's all the same with you."

          Dave iNC

          Jim wrote:

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:Distillers%40yahoogroups.com>, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...> wrote:
          >
          > > WINE VS WATER
          > >
          > > In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have
          > demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of
          > the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli,
          > (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming
          > 1 kilo of poop.
          >
          > Not to be a contrarian, but as a public health RN, I can assure that
          > drinking poop is very much in your families' interests, as such minor
          > exposure greatly strengthens the immune system. For the same reason
          > you're doin your kids a favor by lettin em play in the dirt. Today's
          > kids - obviously protected from decent amounts of poop and mud - are
          > much more likely to have weak immune systems.
          >
          > In Franklin's day, dare I say, the amounts of poop were actually
          > significant and dangerous - how do you spell visible C-H-U-N-K-S? The
          > water was not even remotely potable in many cities where sewage was
          > simply dumped on the streets.
          >
          > OTOH, drinking a liter of booze a day will lead to excessive BS, lol...

        • ragnagna75012 ragnagna75012
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2008
            I dont think E Coli could survive the weak osmotic pressure of drinking water....

          • Sven Pfitt
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
              This is totally stupid.

              (1) bacteria were not identified until 76 years after Franklin's death

              (2) according to this nonsence each litre of water would contain
              1000gr/365 = 2.739 gr of Escherichia coli. Kind of a bit of
              contamination, eh?

              Sven