Ping Harisaki Re: Losses past a shotgun condenser.

  • harisaki2004
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 19, 2008
      Harry,
      Thanks for your kind thoughts and regards.

      For your interest I did start with the 10mm strips of copper sheet
      being twisted, with one full turn over 200 mm. I did not think this
      would be enough twist to give turbulence and so I went for zig zag, as
      suggested.

      The zig zag reduced the smell and losses, more than the twist, but not
      enough. I did think to increasing the number of bends in the zig-zag
      and also putting dens in the copper strip.

      I would do an experiment with some heads in the boiler and exchange
      out different tube packing. I could use my sniffer/nose to check out
      the difference.

      I thought that this type of shotgun condenser was the ultimate. Other
      distillers here I have read about use shotguns. I assume with small
      tubes and success.
      However, it seems I am the first with 13mm tubes.

      If all else fails I can always build a new condenser.

      Harry don't worry about the water flow it is greater than 7L per
      minute and cold. Yes it does recirculate through a large heat exchanger.

      best regards
      Hari.

      http://homedistiller.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7833&p=6760554#p676\