Re: West Coast brewers pick up the distilling spirit

  • bbornais
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2008
      A conical fermenter is a funny concept.

      Ferment right side up. Remove trub out the bottom. Flip it, then
      distill.

      The top of them, for small fermenters at least, come off, and has a
      smaller access point that usually has the water lock.

      Bryan.

      > I toured their brewery and distillery last month. It was quite
      nifty. The part I was impressed by was their creativity in still
      building. It's a conical fermenter that's been turned upside down.
      That's pretty slick.