corn whiskey

  • Tom Smith
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 13 4:08 PM
      I have tried making corn whiskey per smiley's book for the last 4 years
      and while it's good it always has a slightly bitter after taste. Has
      anybody else noticed this? I have tried everything, water, method etc.
      has anybody any sugestions.

      YoungBlood
    • trippiksix
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 2, 2008
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Smith" <smiththomas9263@...>
        wrote:

        > I have tried making corn whiskey per smiley's book for the last 4
        years
        > and while it's good it always has a slightly bitter after taste. Has
        > anybody else noticed this? I have tried everything, water, method
        etc.
        > has anybody any sugestions.
        >
        > YoungBlood

        try to get the middle cut a little bit later in the run to much heads
        or maybe put a peach in when you age it. " Bottoms up! ! "