Re: Thanks

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
      Your More then Welcome Just,

      If you do go with the PDA-1, there isnt a better column I know of that
      can be bought. Just remember, your still (pun intended) going to have
      to make a boiler and attach it, along with getting a heating souce.

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "justinsiple" <justinsiple@...>
      wrote:

      Thanks for responding to my request on the PDA 1. I have great respect
      for those of you who have the ability to build your own equipment but
      at this time I just don't have that ability. When I start this hobby I
      just want to know I have the best stuff to work with so I can really
      work on my own expertise with no excuses as far as equipment is
      concerned. Once I am happy with that who knows. Maybe someday I'll try
      to build a still myself. There is so much info and so many variations
      to techniques when it comes to making spirits that I think I will have
      fun for years just trying to get consistent product. Thanks again.
    • PhilipWilson
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1 6:51 AM
        I bought a PDA-1 in 2005. It's completely modular, so easy to make
        changes later if you want to. The first change I made to mine was to
        replace the main column with a bit over a meter of 2" pipe and extra
        Amphora packing. It's less compact, but enables production at a much
        more satisfying rate.

        Over time I replaced the reflux coil with a bigger one, and the LM
        head with a VM head. Now all that's left are the lovely nitrile seals.

        Phil