Re: [Distillers] Looking for info on the PDA 1 from amphora

  • Trid
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2008
      --- On Wed, 7/30/08, justinsiple <justinsiple@...> wrote:

      > From: justinsiple <justinsiple@...>
      > Subject: [Distillers] Looking for info on the PDA 1 from amphora
      > To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 8:39 AM
      > Has anyone used the PDA 1 still and what are your thoughts
      > on it. I am
      > looking to buy one and it seems to be a good one but then
      > when I read
      > through home distillers.com theres is nothing mentioned of
      > it. Tony
      > seems to have great site with alot of info on different
      > stills to
      > purchase but the PDA 1 is never mentioned even though he
      > refers to
      > amphora society as a source on occasion. Is that bc there
      > is something
      > not right with that still?
      > Thanks Justin

      My understanding is that it's a great column and easy to use. I think the lack of references to in on the homedistiller site is twofold.
      1) Most of us doing much of the talking are DIYers. If we got the PDA-1 it would be done by somebody else...that takes the momentum (and the 'Y') out of DIY.
      2) (this one's speculation on my part) It's made so well and comes with such a wealth of useful information and support from Amphora, the need for these groups and homedistiller is greatly reduced.

      For what it's worth, if somebody were in the market to buy a column, I'd not hesitate to recommend it. My lack of first hand experience prevents me from saying anything on a technical level about it, but I wholeheartedly defer to the expertise of "The Mikes" and their product.

      Trid
      -and it's shiny!