Re: cleaning copper mesh

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2008
      As Trid said Terry,

      You should keep the oxides (coloration) on your copper mesh, tubing
      etc., and not make it squeeky clean hehe. But if you think you must
      do it to the copper mesh - boil it up in a white vinegar solution as
      he said and then rinse well.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      *have* to get it nice and shiny again (which can negatively affect
      flavors) a 30 minute (plus or minus) soak in some white vinegar will
      do the trick. Hot spent rum wash will do the trick, too...the
      acidity takes away the oxidation that darkens the copper. Just keep
      in mind that every time you do this, it reduces the overall lifespan
      of your scrubbers. With as difficult as it can be to track them
      down, not to mention the cost of copper, it's worth considering.