Re: msg 4319, real beer v. extract beer

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      It makes sense to boil an all malted grain beer to stop the enzymic
      process. But only to retain necessary unfermentable dextrins. But it
      seem to me that for malt powder or a liquid malt extract, boiling is
      unecessary (75C is adequate), as you are trying to replace things that
      are lacking, due to over-processing malted grain into these convenient
      forms.
      Is there an industrial chemist who works in a brewery?
      Can beer kits need modification too, see:
      http://www.acay.com.au/~strachan/cankits.htm

      Wal