Heat transfer fluids (was) Re: Fractionating Still (Working off)

  • Sven Pfitt
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 25, 2008
      With a boiling point of 188.2C and a vapor density of 2.6, you won't
      see much evaporation when used as a heating media in a jacketed
      boiler.

      It is readily available in RV supply stores (Recreational Vehicle,
      campers etc) and larger boat supply stores. Sold as Potable Water
      Line antifreeze for winter storage of such.

      MSDS is on line and easily found for most information on it.

      "What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
      Hang him from the half mast till he's sober."

      Sven
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cor" <corrohner@...> wrote:

      > --
      > John,
      >
      > To be honest to you, I don't now I din't pay attention to it so far.
      > The space where I putt in the Propylene glycol is almost airtight,
      > only open by a litlle hole of 2mm.
      > This is for the liquid to expanding.
      > In future I want to place a security valve in it.
      > So I have to do more runs to see what happends.
      > I give the information to you as soon as possible.
      >
      > Groet, Hans
      >

      > - In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Loke" <john.b.loke@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hoi Cor,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the information. The propylene glycol doesn't
      evaporate
      > quickly?
      > >
      > > Groet!
      > >
      > > John