RE: [Distillers] collection area

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      > Is one design better than the other ie:better purity, flowrate.

      Mine can be a bit of a pain. Its great when after zero reflux (valve fully open), as it will all easily drain into there, but when its in 100% reflux (valve closed), I wonder if a wee pool of liquid remains in there and doesn't get to go play in the column & repurify. I'd like mine to be smaller / hold less (but wary of using epoxy like Randy has).

      > Also some have a regulated return pipe back to the reflux column,
      > should I incorperate this into my design plans.

      I don't see any great advantage in this - it easily overflows back to the main column via the big piping anyhow - why do extra plumbing ?

      Tony