Re: SNIPPING

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2008

      > > From: anthony547357 Anthony.Athawes@...
      > > Subject: [Distillers] SNIPPING

      ___snip___

      > > "Snipping" with
      > > the obvious intention of repeating un-necessary narrative
      > > and to save
      > > space and connection time.

      ___snip___

      ____snip___

      > OK, call me old school but "snipping" in the context that I've always
      used means snipping out all the unnecessary stuff and leaving some sort
      of indication such as <snip> or elipses (...) or some such. This is done
      manually. Simply delete what you don't wish to include and type a word
      or two to indicate that the paragraph is not the message in its
      entirety.

      ___snip___

      > > How to get there. In Vista, click on the double right arrow
      > > at the bottom left corner (4th to the right).

      ___snip___

      > OMFG!!! I can't believe that Vista has taken a basic editing function
      that relies on the discretion of the user and automated it. Worse, it's
      led to the confusion of what "snipping" as simple, understood
      "netiquette" is and rendered it more confusing than it has to be.

      ___snip___

      > Tony, it's a great heads up for those who didn't know the function
      existed in Vista. Sending messages to oneself as a means of testing it
      out is a great suggestion, too. I'm a huge fan of trying new things out
      on yourself before putting into practice (booze or text editing :) ).
      > So, despite the stick up my arse about M$, thanks for the info.

      ___snip___

      > Trid
      > -if you don't know how to do something, you don't know how to do it
      with a computer either

      Very good posting Trid, ____snip___ I agree totally...

      ___snip___

      Vino es Veritas,