High Alcohol Fermentation (Sugar Wash)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
      Good to refer to msg 2018 -

      Based on this and the protocol in 'The Compleat Distiller' my
      interpretation is -

      Sugar (up to) 1.4kg/4l (in 3 stages) (for dextrose use 12% more)

      Yeast 3tsp/4l (wine yeast, if using baker's yeast use 1kg/4l sugar)

      Inactive yeast residue ('Brewer's yeast' from health stores or from
      previous fermentation) 1tsp/4l

      Soluble plant food 1tsp/4l (in 3 stages)

      Buffer (sodium bicarbonate) 1g/4l or 2tsp/20l (yeast produces acids)

      wal
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2008