Re: Miracle-Gro 24-8-16 Plant Food ingrediants

  • thewilly789
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
      The posting somehow distorted the table that i tried to post,looked ok
      in preview but was distorted in actual post.

      heres the metals that it contains in ppm.If they stay in the bottom of
      boiler its ok,but not ok if they end up in final product i would think.
      Also this isn't from miracle grow,this is from an ANALYSIS of the
      product Miracle-Gro 24-8-16 .I'm sure miracle grow doesn't want the
      heavy metals that its product contains to show on its label,since its
      not good marketing

      TOTAL METALS IN PRODUCT
      (ppm)
      Arsenic 0.875
      Cadmium 0.0583
      Cobalt 0.15
      Mercury 0.0058
      Molybdenum 0.29
      Nickel 0.511
      Lead 0.15
      Selenium 0.875
      Zinc 782

      > Welp Willy,
      >
      > What my box of Miracle-Gro says is:
      >
      > Ingredients in Miracle-Gro 24-8-16 (NPK) Water Soluble All Purpose
      > Plant Food (fertilizer), Available anywhere:
      >
      > Nitrogen (N) - 24% (3.5% Ammoninacal N, 20.5% Urea N)
      > Available Phosphate (P) (P2O5) - 8%
      > Soluble Potash (K) (K2O) - 16%
      > Boron (B) - .02%
      > Copper (Cu) - .07%
      > Iron (Fe) - .15%
      > Manganese (Mn) - .05%
      > Molybdenum (Mo) - .0005%
      > Zinc (Zn) - .06%
      >
      > Derived from: Ammonuium Sulfate, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium
      > Chloride,Urea, Urea Phosphate, Boric Acid, Copper Sulfate, Iron EDTA,
      > Manganese EDTA, Sodium Molybdate, and Zink Sulfate.
      > see: http://www.regulatory-info-sc.com
      > <http://www.regulatory-info-sc.com>
      >

      > Im not sure what you mean by heavy metals and if they distill out - are
      > you talking about Molybdenum (Mo)?
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      >
      > Jim.

    • Brad
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        Has anyone had any experience with using Miracle Gro with an
        AmazingStill type setup? I wouldn't think the metals would transfer
        but would settle there as well. Just curious. Thanks.

      • abbababbaccc
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
          In principle amazing stills is just a slow potstill that gives you
          less tails than usual. Unless you boil the mash by mistake those
          nasties stay in the mash bucket.

          Cheers, Riku