Re: AFC stripper still

  • mavnkaf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
      > Ps. Riku, my AFC stripper still is nearly ready to test:)

      It's bubling happily again, tomatoes did the trick. Do let us know how
      your AFC works. Nykter got into high 80s ABV with his version, but I
      think that even higher ABVs can be reached with longer column and by
      tweaking the sensor pipe length.

      Cheers, Riku

      Hi Riku, I thought I better keep this subject seperate from
      the "Universal sugar mash mark IIIĆ¾" topic, which I must say has been
      interesting.

      I will post every thing I can about it when I complete it or get
      stuck with problems.

      This is a question I should have asked from the beginning, Can I plan
      to achieve a low enough ABV, low wines for brown flavored spirits
      like Rum with a AFC continuous stripper still? I ask this question
      because when the topic comes up it seems to be aimed at achieving a
      high abv as one can.

      So far I figured if the abv is too high, I can run it faster as I
      have two elements, one 1100 w and the other 2400 w, (my liebig
      condenser should handle over 2400w). Also I will be collecting
      enough of the liquid waste from the boiler for dunder, I thought I
      would add that just extra info.

      These questions are open to anyone that interested in this topic.

      Cheers
      Marc
    • mavnkaf
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2008
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mavnkaf" <mavnkaf@...> wrote:

        > > Ps. Riku, my AFC stripper still is nearly ready to test:)
        > >

        > It's bubling happily again, tomatoes did the trick. Do let us know
        how
        > your AFC works. Nykter got into high 80s ABV with his version, but I
        > think that even higher ABVs can be reached with longer column and by
        > tweaking the sensor pipe length.
        >
        > Cheers, Riku
        >

        > Hi Riku, I thought I better keep this subject seperate from
        > the "Universal sugar mash mark IIIĆ¾" topic, which I must say has
        been
        > interesting.
        >
        > I will post every thing I can about it when I complete it or get
        > stuck with problems.
        >
        > This is a question I should have asked from the beginning, Can I
        plan
        > to achieve a low enough ABV, low wines for brown flavored spirits
        > like Rum with a AFC continuous stripper still? I ask this question
        > because when the topic comes up it seems to be aimed at achieving a
        > high abv as one can.
        >
        > So far I figured if the abv is too high, I can run it faster as I
        > have two elements, one 1100 w and the other 2400 w, (my liebig
        > condenser should handle over 2400w). Also I will be collecting
        > enough of the liquid waste from the boiler for dunder, I thought I
        > would add that just extra info.
        >
        > These questions are open to anyone that interested in this topic.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Marc

        Thanks Riku, All the info you gave me was spot on. I striped 100
        liters of Molasses wash two days ago, it went really well. I did
        this in one day. Even though it went Ok, I have got to say the rum
        favlour came out the wash better than expected.

        It was very intesting, and today I tested the spent wash, it was
        totaly clean of ethanol, well 99.3 C. Well I say, It will make some
        good Dunder, AAArrr. I can hear my inner Pirate coming out!

        What do you do with a drunken sailor?
        What do you do with a drunken sailor?
        What do you do with a drunken sailor?
        Early in the morning?

        Chorus:
        Way, hay up she rises,
        Way, hay, up she rises,
        Way, hay, up she rises,
        Early in the morning!

        Verses:
        Put him in the scuppers with the hose pipe on him.

        Hoist him aboard with a running bowline.

        Put him in the brig until he's sober.

        Make him turn to at shining bright work.

        Put him in a boat and row him over.

        Hoist him up to the topsail yardarm.

        Give 'im a taste of the bosun's rope-end.

        Take 'im and shake 'im and try an' wake 'im.

        Soak 'im in oil till he sprouts a flipper.

        Shave his belly with a rusty razor.

        That's what you do with a drunken sailor.......................

        Welll Sorry about that, My Dad sung that to me as a bed time song.

        Cheers
        First Mate,
        Marc