Re: Shotguns with TIG/GTAW

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2008
      >> Peter wrote:
      >>
      >> What is "GTAW"

      > Harry wrote:
      >
      > Gas Tungsten Arc Welding. More here...
      > http://www.weldprocedures.com/weldingterms.html

      As Harry said GTAW is Gas Tungsten Arc Welding

      It is a different name for TIG that is used in
      other parts of the world.

      I just like to make my posts less geographically
      sensitive. If I know a different name that is
      used for something then I will put both names
      with a slash/virgule between them. For example
      tungsten/wolfram :)

      It is a habit I have gotten into after so many
      problems from the mention of HCl/Muriatic_Acid
      on another yahoo group I am in. Some seppos/
      americans in the group get all "Gee, don't you
      guys have muriatic acid over there. We buy it
      from the home depot to clean our bricks"

      And god - don't get me started on what elmers
      glue is

      <wanders off babbling incoherently>