Re: How to attach a column to an aluminum milk can?

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2008
      Well Jim,

      The drain just screws on - you dont need to solder it or anything -
      but to make it really air tight, what I use is that non-hardening
      plumbers putty with no hazardous materials in it. Also, you can use
      the teflon plumbers tape if theres any leaks (this is assuming that
      you want it to be detatchable).

      Note: if you use a copper column, you can use aluminum for a boiler
      for final runs, and not just for the low wine runs. Sherman (Pint O
      Shine) has used aluminum pressure cookers for years.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.