RE: [Distillers] Whisky profiling

  • KM Services
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2 12:16 PM

      Hello,

      The whisky profile kit is not too bad. I had one some time ago and used to make Glenfiddich and the Johnny water black and red plus the laphroaig all good, and the bourbon recipe was rather nice too; did not do much experimenting with it, but drifted back to my old recipe made with my whisky base.

      Cheers

      Ken Mc

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3 7:44 AM

        A collection of essences and flavour adjuncts, recipes and accurate low volume measuring gear to let you turn neutral spirit into an approximation of a commercial spirit.  Made by a Nw Zealand company called "Still Sprirts".

        The recipes include Generic Highland & Lowland Scottish, Irish,  Glenfiddich, Johhny Walker Red & Black, and the aforementioned Laphroaig.

        We did a direct comparison test with some 10year old Laphroaig and a selection of experiments based on the SS recipe.  Remarkably close.

        I'm tryind to find out if anyone has produced (Still Spirits don't) a recipe for Glenlivet using the same kit.

        DulcetBrewer
        Perth, Western Australia

        In manus tuas commendo spiritum meum.
        Luke 23:46