Re: Whisky profiling

  • mstehelin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      What is the SS whisky profiling kit?

      -- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "dulcetbrewer" <dulcetbrewer@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys (Ken Mc especially)
      >
      > Have been trying out various combos of the recipes provided with the SS
      > whisky profiling kit, and had really good success with the Islay
      > laphroaig.
      >
      > Has anyone using the SS profiling kit components come up with a
      > reasonable lookalike for glenlivet?
      >
      > Cheers

    • KM Services
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008

        Hello,

        The whisky profile kit is not too bad. I had one some time ago and used to make Glenfiddich and the Johnny water black and red plus the laphroaig all good, and the bourbon recipe was rather nice too; did not do much experimenting with it, but drifted back to my old recipe made with my whisky base.

        Cheers

        Ken Mc

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008

          A collection of essences and flavour adjuncts, recipes and accurate low volume measuring gear to let you turn neutral spirit into an approximation of a commercial spirit.  Made by a Nw Zealand company called "Still Sprirts".

          The recipes include Generic Highland & Lowland Scottish, Irish,  Glenfiddich, Johhny Walker Red & Black, and the aforementioned Laphroaig.

          We did a direct comparison test with some 10year old Laphroaig and a selection of experiments based on the SS recipe.  Remarkably close.

          I'm tryind to find out if anyone has produced (Still Spirits don't) a recipe for Glenlivet using the same kit.

          DulcetBrewer
          Perth, Western Australia

          In manus tuas commendo spiritum meum.
          Luke 23:46