Whisky profiling

  • dulcetbrewer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi guys (Ken Mc especially)

      Have been trying out various combos of the recipes provided with the SS
      whisky profiling kit, and had really good success with the Islay
      laphroaig.

      Has anyone using the SS profiling kit components come up with a
      reasonable lookalike for glenlivet?

      Cheers
    • mstehelin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        What is the SS whisky profiling kit?

        -- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "dulcetbrewer" <dulcetbrewer@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys (Ken Mc especially)
        >
        > Have been trying out various combos of the recipes provided with the SS
        > whisky profiling kit, and had really good success with the Islay
        > laphroaig.
        >
        > Has anyone using the SS profiling kit components come up with a
        > reasonable lookalike for glenlivet?
        >
        > Cheers

      • KM Services
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008

          Hello,

          The whisky profile kit is not too bad. I had one some time ago and used to make Glenfiddich and the Johnny water black and red plus the laphroaig all good, and the bourbon recipe was rather nice too; did not do much experimenting with it, but drifted back to my old recipe made with my whisky base.

          Cheers

          Ken Mc

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008

            A collection of essences and flavour adjuncts, recipes and accurate low volume measuring gear to let you turn neutral spirit into an approximation of a commercial spirit.  Made by a Nw Zealand company called "Still Sprirts".

            The recipes include Generic Highland & Lowland Scottish, Irish,  Glenfiddich, Johhny Walker Red & Black, and the aforementioned Laphroaig.

            We did a direct comparison test with some 10year old Laphroaig and a selection of experiments based on the SS recipe.  Remarkably close.

            I'm tryind to find out if anyone has produced (Still Spirits don't) a recipe for Glenlivet using the same kit.

            DulcetBrewer
            Perth, Western Australia

            In manus tuas commendo spiritum meum.
            Luke 23:46