best book for first time distilers

  • chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
      i see a lot of new people in here everyday.i thought if someone
      could sugest the best book for them it would help and take them from
      start to finish instead of overloading them off the start.i learned
      from my grandfather making his so called "mammy-wapper" as he said
      if ya drink to much ya wanta wap your mammy,i still lable my bottles
      with this name...
    • rye_junkie1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "chris" <doublejager2000@...> wrote:

        > i see a lot of new people in here everyday.i thought if someone
        > could sugest the best book for them it would help and take them from
        > start to finish instead of overloading them off the start.i learned
        > from my grandfather making his so called "mammy-wapper" as he said
        > if ya drink to much ya wanta wap your mammy,i still lable my bottles
        > with this name...

        This should really be in New Distillers. But, I have 5 or 6 books on
        the subject. If I had to narrow it down for the beginners I would
        have to say "Moonshine" by Mathew Rowley and/or "The Lore Of Still
        Building".
        I feel both are excellent books that will keep your attention and get
        you started in this Hobby. On the other hand, there is no
        replacement for these forums, And I bet half the people here dont
        even own most of the modern books written on the subject.

        Mason
      • chris
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "chris" <doublejager2000@>
          wrote:

          > > i see a lot of new people in here everyday.i thought if someone
          > > could sugest the best book for them it would help and take them
          from
          > > start to finish instead of overloading them off the start.i
          learned
          > > from my grandfather making his so called "mammy-wapper" as he
          said
          > > if ya drink to much ya wanta wap your mammy,i still lable my
          bottles
          > > with this name...
          > >

          > This should really be in New Distillers. But, I have 5 or 6
          books on
          > the subject. If I had to narrow it down for the beginners I would
          > have to say "Moonshine" by Mathew Rowley and/or "The Lore Of Still
          > Building".
          > I feel both are excellent books that will keep your attention and
          get
          > you started in this Hobby. On the other hand, there is no
          > replacement for these forums, And I bet half the people here dont
          > even own most of the modern books written on the subject.
          >
          > Mason
          >im sorry i thought i was i have been bouncing
          back and forth