Re: Question on electrics

  • billy.turf
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 1, 2008
      Riku,
      Yes. you are 100% correct

      8mA is not heating it up, and 10V for a simple supply it's strange
      either. But no supply should never warm up for such a small draw, are
      you sure you have measuerd that correctly?

      The heat from the vapor alone accounts for all the trouble with the
      relay I wasn't sure if you were using it to control low wine flow or
      whatever.

      Oh... I have modified my still to be able to fill it while it's
      running. I will post photos once I have it completed. I have a valve
      that I can set to add a drop or two a second. I'll let you know how
      it turns out. Only thing I was thinking now is that I will end up
      with too much left over water at some point in the still.

      BIlly

      > 10V and 0.08A are the numbers. Another potential problem is of
      course
      > the temperature of the still, the column is at 78C so the valve and
      > coil will eventually heat close to that temperature. Anyway, I'll
      fire
      > her up to see what effect the fin has.
      >
      > Cheers, Riku

      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I'll try to conduct a test later today and get some measurements
      > > while I'm at it. As far as I understand it the power source
      > > overheated due to increased resistance in the coil. This in turn
      was
      > > caused by the coil overheating due to continuous use. If that
      cooling
      > > fin doesn't help I'll have switch to 230V coil (if I can find one
      > > that fits the valve).
      > >
      > > Cheers, Riku

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 2, 2008
        Luckily some people here are helpful, took genuine interest of the
        problem and were able to provide correct answers. Thank you for your
        non productive and offensive post.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen <joegiffen@...> wrote:

        > Hi Riku,
        > This must be one of the longest threads in group history. If the damn
        thing is so complcated what is the point.Also if we have to buy your
        book to know what it pertains to,